I have two very exciting pieces of news to share with you.
During the last visit to Kempton, I bought this chair to reupholster:
While stripping it down, I found it was stuffed with a mixture of hay and hair. I kept the hair in a plastic bag meaning to clean it and reuse it, and there it has stayed ever sitnce.
I’ve just finished my annual three-day upholstery summer school and I am once again buzzing with ideas, motivation and enthusiasm.
The round backed Spanish chair I am working on at the moment has a sprung seat and when I stripped it back I found 7 springs that looked very much worse for wear.
Having successfully finished the duet stool for Rachael, I moved on to my second upholstered wedding present of the year. This time I wanted to cover a little bedroom chair so I started scouring eBay.