I have two very exciting pieces of news to share with you.
During the last visit to Kempton, I bought this chair to reupholster:
While stripping it down, I found it was stuffed with a mixture of hay and hair. I kept the hair in a plastic bag meaning to clean it and reuse it, and there it has stayed ever sitnce.
I’ve just finished my annual three-day upholstery summer school and I am once again buzzing with ideas, motivation and enthusiasm.
I’ve plateaued recently with most of my projects. The combination of a couple of weeks away from college and a lot of other things going on at home has meant I often haven’t had the energy or inclination to get stuck in to the next step for any of my pieces after getting home from work. I have an armchair I want to get done by midsummer that is still just a frame and a foot stool sitting with its top fabric temporary tacked on, gathering dust. I have more finished projects that are sitting, taking up space in my little house, reminding me about how many things I have taken on.
The round backed Spanish chair I am working on at the moment has a sprung seat and when I stripped it back I found 7 springs that looked very much worse for wear.