Having successfully finished the duet stool for Rachael, I moved on to my second upholstered wedding present of the year. This time I wanted to cover a little bedroom chair so I started scouring eBay.
I went back to the Sunbury Antiques Fair at Kempton Race Course over the Easter break. I went with a friend looking for centre pieces for her wedding next year and was almost sure I wouldn’t buy anything for myself (famous last words..).
My more eagle eyed readers may have noticed my url change ever so slightly. I have now migrated to a new, slightly less cumbersome web address and am still working out some kinks in my old, migrated posts. I’m really aware that I haven’t posted in ages despite being really busy with my projects and I’m keen to get going again so I’m putting those problems on the back burner and concentrating on shiny new content instead, enjoy!
I am quite brief in my descriptions of the actual process of reupholstering items. If I broke everything down every time I would end up writing a whole book and besides, I am firmly a believer that if you would like to learn how to do this, you should go to a class. However, when I was first starting out, I struggled to find any kind of materials online to remind me what my teacher had said, without it being a high speed video of someone with a staple gun. Staple guns have their place, but traditional upholstery does not use them and that’s why I try not to either.
After the success of my mini raised beds, I definitely had the DIY bug. I had last Friday booked off work but the plans I had fell through so I was daydreaming on the Thursday about what to fill my day with. I ended up sketching out a plan for a bigger version of the mini raised beds I’d built a couple of weeks before. I googled where to buy timber and before I knew it, I had committed myself to my biggest DIY project yet.